Saturday, May 3, 2008

A new day!

Yesterday Blair had another great day. She took her FIRST bottle last night and she did so good with it. She is now getting 21ml/hour. They now have her eating 3 hours on and 1 hour off. Last night the nurse checked her residuals and she had NONE! :) With her bottle they will give her 1 bottle a day and it has 10ml in it and she has 10 minutes to eat it. Last night she ate 5ml and the rest went in her feeding tube. I was very surprised that she did so well. She didn't choke at all and it just seemed like she knew exactly what to do with it.
I really didn't care for the nurse she had. I understand we were a little late getting there. (I had to go pick Britt up at his office and it's a 5 hour round trip). We were trying to hurry to make it back by 7:30. She basically told me that when she starts taking more bottles that I needed to be ON TIME. I told her that I wouldn't be able to be there for all the feeds, but I wanted to be sure to give her the first bottle. She was a little snippy with me and handled Blair kind of rough. I just didn't get a good impression from her.
They moved Blair again to a different pod. It's more quiet than even the last pod she was in! Most of the babies in that pod are in cribs.
I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Hugs - Tiffany

3 comments:

kellyk said...

it seems like she's getting well so fast! i didn't think she'd get a bottle for a few more weeks! will you eventually be able to breastfeed? you are so awesome to pump like crazy!

Always an Opportunity said...

She is beautiful!!!!

Tiff give her and big sis a hug for me!!!

Love you, Sherry

Miss Thystle said...

I can't believe how quick she's starting to look like her own little person! She's so cute I just want to eat her up.