Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We're Back!

Well, we survived a trip to Cabot with little britches with us! She slept the entire way down and the entire way back! I love that she rides in a car bed. It's so much more comfortable and just as safe as a regular car seat. And, she can be in it up to 21 lbs!

We got to Cabot around 5 Thursday evening. We didn't do much... unload the car! :) Then, Friday we had to be at the auditorium at 8:30 for dress rehearsal. That lasted until around noon when we left and went back to my MIL's house to grab a bite for lunch. I actually got Baylee to take a nap and had to wake her up to get ready. She did such a wonderful job in the recital. She was so excited and the video is hilarious! She was kind of doing her own thing during her tap and ballet numbers. I will have to try to figure out how to download it so you guys can see it! My MIL was standing off the side of the stage behind the curtain doing the dance so they would kind of watch and remember and all of a sudden Baylee turns to her and says, "What"? It was so funny!

Saturday Blair slept most of the day and we swam most of the day. I got burned and Baylee FINALLY got off the steps and actually swam. She had her floaties on, but I guess she didn't trust them. I finally showed her that she could touch (in the shallow end) on her tip toes. She loved that and had to show everyone the rest of the day! We went to Britt's brother's house that night to hang out for a couple of hours. We left Blair with my MIL since she hadn't got to spend a whole lot of time with her. She did good and we were right next door in case she needed something.

Sunday we had Sunday lunch and my MIL and FIL had to go to Marianna to help Granny and Granddaddy move some furniture. They sold their house in town there and needed to move all of the stuff to their farm house right outside of town. Then, they also have a house in Cabot. So, it will be one less house to maintain. After all, Granddaddy is 81 and doesn't need to be doing as much. He also has a peach orchard at the farm so that takes up most of his time during the Summer. Sunday night we bbq'd at Britt's brother's house and took Blair with us. She had a good time until she got gassy that evening. I stopped putting formula in her bottles to see if that will help and I also bought some gripe water. I tried finding the colic tablets that melt in their mouth, but our Walgreen's stopped carrying them! UGH! So, we will see how she is in a couple of days.

We got home yesterday around 4:30 and I'm exhausted! I didn't got to bed until after midnight and I got up at 5:30 this morning to finish some stuff up around the house. I guess I will find some time today to clean my house. I need to tackle my floors. I actually cleaned my bathroom while Baylee was taking a bath last night! That was a big help!

I will post new pics as I get them downloaded.

Hugs - Tiffany

1 comment:

Miss Thystle said...

I'm so glad everything went well for your first big outing.

I remember when M was about Baylee's age....we laughed so hard at her ballet recital I thought my sister was going to hyperventilate. They are just the cutest.