Monday, September 29, 2008

Bumbo Seat

Blair has been sitting quite a bit in her Bumbo seat! It's great for neck control as well as working her ab's a little. She will tolerate it for about 10 minutes and then she's done and we move on to another excercise. We are trying to keep her sitting up as much as possible. She will get tired and fling herself back to lay down!














Actually, I wanted to tell you about a friend I have met through this Omphalocele process. Her family actually lives in the next town over from me (about 10 minutes away). When Britt and I went in February to take a tour of the NICU at AR Children's I had the opportunity to meet Cindy. She gave birth to Holden a year ago this November. He was born at 37-38 weeks with a Giant Omphalocele. He was released from Children's in February of this year. The family was so excited to finally have their son home with them. It was a struggle for them while they were there without having any family in Little Rock. They also have 3 younger children at home. The week Blair was born Holden was back in the hospital because his lungs were gunky and they also discovered that he was silently aspirating (part of his lung issue). After a short stay in the hospital Holden returned home on a feeding tube. On May 2nd he coded at home and was life-flighted back to Children's. A week after he was admitted his Omphalocele burst open. They did emergency surgery to cover the Omphalocele to fight off infection. Last Monday Holden passed away. He was 10 months old! I attended his funeral on Friday and that was one of the hardest things I've ever attended. I don't know if it's because I have a child with this same condition (Omphalocele). I was hurting for Cindy, her husband and children. My heart aches as I have prayed until I'm almost blue in the face. I know that it was his "time" to go and that God numbers our days for us. I just don't understand sometimes why sweet children have to go through something like that for so long! I just hate it!


Please pray for this family... pray for healing of heartache for each of them.


Hugs - Tiffany

3 comments:

Gully Girl said...

Sounds like you've been super busy again!

So sorry to hear of your friends' loss. I can't imagine what it would be like to go through that. Completely heartbreaking.

Katy said...

These things scare the stuffing out of me. The idea that you can work and pray and then after a long time your child doesn't make it. SO frightening. Your friends will be in my prayers.

Jibber Jabber said...

That's just sad beyond words...