Monday, December 1, 2008

My sweet Rylie!


This picture was taken a few years ago. Let me introduce you to Rylie. He was my baby... he was 9 and a good dog. He lived with us for a while after Britt and I got married, but went back to my Mom's house shortly after because he didn't get along with Britt's yellow Lab Bud. I got Rylie when he was just 7 weeks old!
He had gotten sick a few weeks ago and the Vet couldn't figure out what was going on with him. The medicine wasn't making him better and he couldn't hold his body temp up. My Mom had a heating pad down for him and he would just lay there.
So, last night after being on the road for 5 hours... normally it takes about 3 1/2 we had to come home and Britt had to help my Mom take him to the Vet. They put him to sleep last night and I'm sad! But, I'm so thankful Britt offered to go for me. I know I took his dog Maggie last year for him. It's just easier and a pet owner never wants to see their animal in pain like that.
He's in heaven chasing squirrels. That was his favorite thing to do!

3 comments:

Katy said...

I'm so sorry, honey. I do love the idea of dog heaven! My husband claims that it will have LOTS of fire hydrants.

We were VERY close this Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so sorry! Rylie was a gorgeous dog but I'm sure he is much happier in doggy heaven--I hear it's awesome.

Anonymous said...

Bless you! I posted on having to send our oldest kitty onto heaven in late October. We still miss her very much.