Friday, March 13, 2009

Things are NOT going as planned here in INDY!

Well, Blair has been taking breathing treatments for a few weeks off and on. She has landed herself in the hospital here in Indianapolis. We are at Riley Children's. She has para-influenza (a respiratory virus) and has been a sick little girl! Her lungs are very junky and she is wheezing. So, she is on breathing treatments every 3 hours. She is also on a 1/4 liter of oxygen because her O2 levels are in the middle to upper 80's. They won't let us go home until she can sleep through the night without oxygen.

I also found out that her heart is rotated and does not point down and to the left... it points down and to the right. WHY hasn't anyone told me this before? UGH! Also, my Neonatologist's nurse is thinking she doesn't have a spleen either? BOTH news to me!

We were admitted yesterday evening after spending 8 hours in the ER. They stuck her 5 times to try to get the IV in! UGH! Poor baby... she's not really eating too much, but is in a MUCH better mood today.

So, say a few prayers for us that we get outta here soon!!!!!

Hugs - Tiff

6 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! You are all in my prayers, GOOD LUCK!!!

Lacey said...

Oh I'm so sorry, doesn't it always happen out of town? Praying she gets well fast so you can get out of the hospital.

Sam, Erin, Ava, Madeline and Asher said...

Ugh! You guys are in our prayers... Praying for a quick recovery and a quick way home!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

{{{HUGS}}}. You are all in my prayers. Keep us updated on her progress. :-)

Tracy said...

Oh Tiffany, I am so sorry sweet little Blair is so sick. We are praying for her to have a speedy recovery and for you guys to go home soon.

my life: said...

Hi! I have just "stumbled" across your blog and wanted to say...we are at Riley too! Our daughter just had open heart surgery...so we are on the 4th floor. Our daughter has a spleen..but no gallbladder...interesting. Her heart is also rotated!

Sorry your little one is not feeling well. :0( will keep her and your family in our prayers.