Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Winter

This is probably one of the worst winters (as far as cold and snow) that I can remember. The night before last we felt sorry for the cat since the low was 5 so we left the garage door cracked open. He also has a blanket and a heat lamp out there. Well, I guess by "cracking" the garage door it got cold enough in there to freeze our hot water heater pipe that sticks out of the wall. My husband didn't unfreeze anything before he left so my Dad came to the rescue yesterday and took care of it. I mean, after all... a girl HAS to take a shower at some point in the day!

I'm just glad we had heat and power. I don't think I could of made it without those as well.

We are expected to get more snow tonight and our low is 5. Our wind chill for tonight is -25 or something ridiculous like that. We live in ARKANSAS! Good gravy!

I was really needing a few days off work since I worked 5 nights straight. Don't get me wrong it was GOOD money, but a lot of work and I was worn OUT!

Tonight I'm making my Grandmother's soup for my family. It's called Nifla soup and it's basically potato soup with dumplings. I seriously can eat about 3 or 4 bowls of it. I love it that much. It's easy to make and it sure does sound good with this cold weather we are suppose to have!

I think at some point in the next couple of weeks I'm going to start repainting our entire house on the inside. It REALLY needs it. Our builder used flat paint and we all know that it doesn't wash little fingerprints easily. I am changing the color of our bedroom and bathroom. I will post pics of the final product on here. I got new bedding recently and am getting ready to get some curtains to put in there. After all, we've lived in this house for almost 4 years so it's just time to do some slight updating and replace some things. And, we have 5 big windows in our room and I want something to shut some light out!

After I finish our bedroom and bathroom I'm going to work on hallways and the 1/2 bath. Then, the living room will probably be the last room. Only because I want it to be a different color I just don't know what I want to do yet. I want a little color, but don't want to go overboard... plus, I want to put curtains in there as well. So, it's gonna all have to go together.

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful week!

Hugs - Tiffany

2 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Ugh! Flat paint. We finally painted over the last of it here a few months ago. I usually go with an egg shell or satin finish. Much easier to clean! :-)

Gully Girl said...

You are a busy girl, that's for sure!

For as cold as it is there we're having -25 actual temps here. It's really NOT normal for weeks at a time to have that cold of temperatures. Highs are below zero and that's just wrong!