Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Another great day!

Hello everyone! Today Baylee and I went to visit Blair and she was having a wonderful day. She is now being fed through the tube that goes directly to her stomach. They are leaving the TPT tube in just in case it bothers her stomach, but so far so good. They switched this around 10 this morning and when we got there around 1 she was tollerating the feeds just fine. Her residuals are right where they want them to be so that was good to hear. That means the milk is going from her stomach to her intestines with no issues. And, she is continuing to have bowel movements with no issues. It is still a continuous feed, but they will eventually change that to a bollus feed and from there they will start bottle feeding her!

They also changed her oxygen level from 25% to 100%, but they lowered the amount that blows in her nose. The nurse said that babies that have to be sent home with oxygen have to be on 100%... it's not a bad thing so she told me not to stress about it!

Yesterday I helped Alexis change the dressing on the Omphalocele. It's starting to harden and the skin is really growing up around the sides of it. Don't get me wrong... we still have a little ways to go for the skin to completely cover it, but it looks much better. I will post a pic of that tomorrow when I help her change it again so you all know what it looks like.

Baylee did great today helping me hold her little sissy. She was also good in the pump room while I was pumping... that really surprises me, but then again I think she knows she has no other choice and she has to sit there! :)

Hugs - Tiffany

2 comments:

Katy said...

I hate that pump room. I swear i had a flash-back just now when you mentioned it.

Those take-home pumps only go at 100%, so what they said makes sense. More important is how many liters she's getting. I'm guessing that they're going to start dialing that down at 100%.

Toni said...

I'm always surprised by how well my kids will behave when I really need them to be good...I'm also surprised by how awful they behave when I really need them to be good. It's a toss up.

I'm not much on understanding medical talk--but I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and I hope things with little Blair keep on getting better and better.